Sleeper sofas can be a great option if one is looking for space saving furniture options. They can help in providing the guests with a bed to sleep in, while not having to spare an entire room as a guest room. They can also assist in saving the expense of both, a bed and a sofa, and fulfill both the needs at once. A sleeper sofa is available in a number of types and styles. There are a number of things which must be considered while buying a sleeper sofa. Some of them are listed below.
- Choose a type: There are a number of sleeper sofas available which differ in looks as well as the comfort they provide. There are sleeper sectionals, which provide a large area to sleep and chair sleepers, which offer a more limited zone to confide. One may also choose a futon or a sofa bed. They are foldable pieces of furniture which can be expanded into a bed in the night and used as sofas in the day time.
- Measure: Sleeper sofas are available in a variety of sizes. They should be bought carefully after measuring the available space in the room. A sofa can make the room look congested and cluttered, if it is bigger than the required size. On the other hand, it may not fulfil the requirements if bought in a smaller size. Therefore it is highly advised to measure the available space and buy the sleeper sofa in accordance to it.
- Check the mechanism: The ease with which the sofa turns into a bed plays a crucial role. Some of the sleeper sofas can expand with a simple push on the back, while some may need a great amount of effort. Before buying a sleeper sofa, it is suggested to make sure that it has an effortless opening and closing mechanism which does not involve any unpleasant sounds.
- Consider the weight: Sleeper sofas come in a variety of sizes and their weight increases with the quality of material that they are built of. It is important to make sure that the weight of the sofa is manageable, so that it can be moved from one place to another with ease.
- Pick a mattress: Mattresses are an important part of a sleeper sofa, as they can affect the amount of comfort that is provided. There are a few types of mattresses one can choose from, like innerspring mattress, air-coil mattress or a memory foam mattress. They have distinct features and provide different kinds of ease to the user. Make sure the mattress is comfortable and relaxing.
These were some of the points one must consider before buying a sofa sleeper. Visit your nearest furniture store to browse through the sleeper sofas and pick one according to your requirements.