Your living room is probably the most used area in the house where you sit together with the family and relax. Thus, you should select your living room furniture cautiously that lives up to your requirements. By having quality furniture, you can create a welcoming and pleasant ambience. Here are some tips on choosing sofas and loveseats for your living space.
- Measure the space: It is essential to plan and measure the living space where you want to keep your sofa or loveseat. You should choose the style and design of furniture according to the décor of the room. Checking out some online stores or furniture shops will help you know what is in trend these days. Make sure you measure the doorways, hallways and staircase to ensure that sofa and loveseat that you select is easy to move in.
- Consider scale: While looking for a loveseat or sofa, keep in mind the size of the room and existing furniture. Based on this, evaluate if the furniture you are buying will blend in with the rest of the items. Make a floor plan to know how your new furniture will fit in the space. Ensure that there is sufficient space around the sofa for easy movement. Avoid buying an oversized sofa/loveseat for a small room, as it will make the place look cramped and full.
- Choose neutral and classic shades: It is worth considering whether the color of the furniture will look appealing in four to five years. Some shades soon grow out of trend, so make sure you invest in furniture in a classic and neutral shade. You can add bright accessories to provide good visual appeal to the living room.
- Upholstery fabric: Choose fabric depending upon the furniture use and durability of the material. Invest in low-maintenance fabric if you have kids and pets at home. You can go for silk, rayon, wool, cotton and linen; however, they need regular maintenance. It is good to invest in blends of natural and synthetic fibers, as they are strong, stain-resistant and long-lasting.
Besides the aesthetic appeal of the loveseat or sofa, it is crucial that you choose furniture that is comfortable.
Whether you have a balcony attached to your bedroom or living room, it can always be used as an extension of the room and transformed into a relaxing place. People often decorate and furnish their balconies to create personal and comfortable places where they can spend some soothing moments alone or with their families. Here are some tips on buying furniture for balcony:
- Consider the size of the balcony: Before you start furnishing your balcony, it is essential that you consider its size. Make sure that the furniture that you choose fits well in the area. If you have a large balcony space, you can buy a 2-seater sofa along with a beautifully crafted coffee table or ottoman. However, if the balcony is small, you can consider having a pair of chairs with a small end table.
- Material: You can opt for furniture made of PVC/plastic, wood, wicker, aluminum or wrought iron. Plastic is one of the most preferred materials because it is lightweight, inexpensive and durable. Wrought iron or aluminum furniture, on the other hand, can be heavy and sturdy. Wood furniture looks elegant but can easily get damaged in harsh weather conditions.
- Lifestyle: If you use your balcony frequently for relaxing, reading or enjoying coffee with your guests, then should buy furniture that is sturdy and long lasting. If your balcony is not used so often, then consider investing in a basic set of chairs that do not require much maintenance and can last for a long period of time.
- Weather conditions: While furnishing your balcony, make sure you choose waterproof furniture. Plastic furniture is the best option, as it cannot be damaged by rain. Even wrought-iron can be great for outdoors, but it should be painted from time to time.
By having good quality furniture such as chairs, coffee table and ottoman, you can enhance the appeal of your balcony and make it a relaxing place. Make sure you buy furniture that reflects your personality and blends well with the outdoors of your home. Using beautiful accessories such as colorful cushions, outdoor umbrella, decorative lighting etc., you can make your balcony an inviting place. You can also add to its look by placing some potted plants or hanging baskets.
Loft areas are often overlooked and left unused in most homes. However, a well-organized loft space can do wonders as it can increase the functional space in the house. You can show your creativity by implementing artistic furniture ideas. You can style the area according to your needs and requirements. Given below are some innovative furniture ideas which can change the look of your loft:
- Sitting Area: You can convert the loft into a sitting area by placing comfortable sofas or chairs and teaming it up with a stylish coffee table. A corner sofa can also be used to make the maximum use of the room. You can also create a teen lounge with the use of stylish chairs, bean bags and tables to make it a perfect place to hang out with friends.
- Shelves: The loft area can be turned into a library by placing bookshelves. Sleek cabinets or wall shelves can be an effective utilization of space. A set of desk and chairs can also be used to provide sitting area for reading purpose.
- Home Office Furniture: You can efficiently utilize the loft area by converting it into a home office. You can place chairs and desks to provide a professional look to your workplace. Cabinets can be placed to store all important documents and files.
- Kids Study Area: You can convert your loft area into a study room by placing a study table with drawers or shelves. A study board can also be setup along the wall. You will be able to monitor your kids as the lofts do not have a door or enclosed walls.
- Game Area: You can create a fun area to entertain the guests in your home. Place a pool table or an air hockey table to make it a perfect gaming zone. It can be an optimum utilization of loft space. People of all ages can enjoy in this gaming area.
These were some of the ideas to use every inch of your loft space. You can furnish your loft either in a traditional or contemporary style. This will not only enhance the look of the house but also can also turn an unused space into a functional one.
One of the most common questions among new homeowners is “Which furniture store to choose”. With such a competitive market and supply, it can be hard to choose the right one. There may be many furniture stores in a region that provide high quality furniture of different types like wood, leather, teak, stainless steel, rubber or plastic. But here are some factors which can help in differentiating furniture stores and making a choice between them.
- Accessibility: The furniture store should be in such a location that it can be easily accessed. A buyer should choose a store which is near one’s residence in order to save the cost and time involved with the transportation of furniture. It can also affect the ease of maintenance while considering long time needs.
- Quality: The furniture sold by the store should be of good quality. It should be made with excellent kind of material and must also be structured well to ensure safety and durability. Make sure that the furniture is assembled by experienced and skilled experts and has a quality seal marked on it. It should also come with a warranty in case of any unforeseen flaws.
- Variety: An ideal store must provide a wide range of furniture so that the buyers get variety of options to choose from. This can help to choose according to the requirements and style needs of the families and homes.
- Reputation: The image of the store in the local market should also be considered before buying furniture. One must pay attention to the reviews of previous customers and make a background check about the services provided. A satisfied clientele can be a sign of superior services and quality products.
- Cost: One should always compare the prices of furniture offered by different stores and choose the one that fits the budget. There can be vendors in the market who may lower the prices of a furniture article to attract buyers but one should always check for quality and make sure that the costs are appropriate.
- After sales services: Always inquire about the delivery and assembly services provided along with the furniture. This may help in saving transportation costs and efforts regarding assembly. Also question about the return policy in case there is a problem in the purchased furniture.
These were some of the factors that should always be considered while making the choice of a furniture store. Shortlist the suitable stores according to the above given points before buying furniture.