Shopping for a kid’s room can be a tedious task. There are plenty of options to recreate the entire look of your kid’s room. Make sure the furniture you are buying cater to the growing needs of your kids. It is essential to chalk out a budget and research thoroughly before making the final decision.
Listed below are few ideas that can be used to furnish your kid’s room without costing a fortune:
- Bunk beds: Bunk beds can be the best option if space is a constraint in your kid’s room. You can choose from a wide range of beds according to your requirements. Futon bunk beds can improve the functionality of your room by providing additional seating area. You can use a loft bed if you need extra space to keep a desk or a small cabinet.
- Nightstands: Make sure you choose the nightstand matching the décor and color theme of your kid’s room. If you want to provide a traditional look you can buy wooden nightstands. For an elegant and modern appeal, metal night stands can be the perfect choice. The material you choose should be durable.
- Dressers: If you are looking to buy dresser with mirror, make sure its height is in accordance with that of your kid. It should be easily accessible and functional for your child. Dressers are available in a wide range of materials and styles. You can choose the one that is apt for your kid.
- Storage furniture: You can keep your kid’s room organized by buying storage furniture. You can buy bookcases to make a small library. Cabinets with drawers or shelves can be chosen to keep clothes, toys and other items of daily use. Make sure you scrutinize your kid’s requirements and buy furniture accordingly.
- Bedding and rugs: You can add charm to your kid’s room by choosing appropriate bedding and rug. To make a visual statement, you can buy beddings in floral designs and vibrant colors. This can help in creating playful environment for kids.
- Other accessories: You can accessorize your kid’s room by purchasing appealing framed art. You can choose from a huge selection of wall stickers and decals. Canvas art can also be a good option to accentuate the look of the room. You can also buy table and nightstands to brighten the room.
Wooden furniture can not only improve the visual appearance but also add functionality to your home. It is available in a broad spectrum of colors, designs and styles, making it difficult for you to choose the right one. Make sure you research thoroughly before making the final decision. You can even visit the furniture stores in Killeen or seek recommendations from your family or friends for the latest furniture trends.
Keep the following things in mind while buying wooden furniture for your home:
- Scrutinize your requirements: You should have a clear idea whether you are buying furniture for your living room, dining room or bedroom. Also make sure the furniture you choose goes well with the rest of the décor of the home. Chalking out a budget may also help to narrow down your options and make the right decision.
- Measure the space: Make sure you accurately measure the dimensions of the area where furniture is to be kept. Also take measurements of the furniture you plan to buy. This will ascertain that it will fit perfectly and the space will be effectively utilized.
- Look for the type of wood: The furniture is available in various types of wood and you need to choose the one according to your preferences. Teak can be the best option for outdoor furniture as it is rot resistant. If you are looking for more durability, you can buy furniture made of oak. Pinewood can be chosen to provide a rustic appearance to your home. It is less expensive and is resistant to swelling as well as shrinking.
- Check the quality: It is essential to check the durability and quality of the wood before buying furniture for your home. If you are buying wooden cabinets or desk, make sure the drawers function smoothly. Also, check the stability of the furniture you choose to buy.
- Type of finish: Wooden furniture with an appropriate finish can improve the aesthetic appeal of your home. You can choose the wood with a finish of oil or wax which makes it look shinier. If you are looking for durability, wooden furniture with lacquer or varnish finish is a good option.
If you are looking to buy wooden furniture, you can follow these tips to make your shopping experience better. Make sure you look after your wooden furniture properly to maintain its shine and strength for many years.
Your living room is a reflection of your personality and style, so it is essential that you furnish it accordingly. By removing clutter and keeping things organized, you can make your living room look more spacious and attractive. For this, you can consider buying efficiently designed storage furniture, which can be used to tuck away the things that you do not use in routine. Here are some of the storage furniture ideas for your living room:
- Entertainment unit: An aesthetically designed entertainment unit can be used to store your TV, DVD player and other media devices. These units often have shelves and drawers where you can keep other essential items such as remotes, cables, speakers etc. which helps you keep your living room clutter free and organized.
- Wall mounted shelves: The best way to save space and have enough storage space is having wall-mounted shelves. You can use these shelves for displaying your collection of books, magazines, newspapers, CDs etc. A wall mounted shelf helps you to keep your stuff organized and easily accessible.
- Corner pieces: If there is any unused corner in your living room, make the best use of the space by placing corner shelves or end-tables. You can keep some decoration items, sculptures, photo frames, flower vases and other art pieces in the corner space.
- Coffee tables with shelves: To capitalize on the space available in your living area, consider having a coffee table that has one or two shelves underneath. Some coffee tables also have sliding tops with space underneath where you can store a number of things. You can keep your newspapers or magazines on the shelves below the tabletop.
- Chest of drawers: Another piece of furniture that is great for living room is a chest of drawers. It can be placed anywhere and helps you keep the room clutter free. Besides storage space in the form of drawers and shelves, its top can also be used to place decorative items.
- Consoles with drawers: Consoles with drawers can act as a perfect storage solution for your living room. You can keep your keys, important papers and other essential items in the drawers. This will give a clean look to your room.
- Ottomans: An ottoman is the best addition to any living room. It not only offers extra space to sit or rest the foot, but also offers ample storage space. You can keep books, toys and various other things in the ottoman.
- Cabinets: A variety of open and closed cabinets is available in different sizes as well as styles, which can be placed anywhere according to your requirements. These cabinets have shelves or drawers to keep your stuff organized.
Using these storage furniture ideas, you can aesthetically decorate your living room and enhance the storage space.
Teak is a lightweight tropical hardwood commonly available across the South Asian region. This portable and elegant material is very popular for making furniture as it is classy and easy to maintain. Teak is adaptable and durable and thus it is ideal for both indoor and outdoor furniture. Teak furniture is a highly preferred item in households that have a vintage theme. However, it requires periodic maintenance to retain its shine.
Here are some cleaning and maintenance tips for teak furniture:
- Washing: There are specific teak wood cleaners available in the market. You just need to mix them with water and put on a clean cotton cloth to wipe off the dirt for the furniture. This teak cleaner can also be made at home by mixing any laundry or dish detergent with water and used to clear away dust.
- Sanding: If the furniture has some stubborn or heavily ingrained stains, sanding with fine sandpaper may help in removing them. Make sure this sanding is done in the direction of the teak grains. After this process, one may choose to re-oil the furniture or leave it in its natural color.
- Sealing: If the furniture needs to be kept in its original golden-brown color tone, it should be coated with a layer of sealant. Using a sealant with a UV protection material is ideal for outdoor furniture items as it helps to keep the colors intact even with exposure to sunlight and rain. Sealing may be done once every two to three years.
- Oiling: The reason why teak furniture is able to last for so many years is the natural oil and wax present in its texture. If your furniture is about five years old, you must use a teak oil to give it a fresh and new look. One may apply one or two coats, as required by the furniture’s appearance.
- Avoid Harsh Handling: Teak furniture may require little maintenance but using harsh chemicals or steel wool sponges can damage its grains and make them rough. Always use cotton cloths or soft bristle brushes while applying teak-friendly cleaners.
The above-mentioned tips can enhance the look of your furniture while keeping it intact. Regular cleaning and maintenance can increase the durability and shine of your teak furniture.
One of the most common questions among new homeowners is “Which furniture store to choose”. With such a competitive market and supply, it can be hard to choose the right one. There may be many furniture stores in a region that provide high quality furniture of different types like wood, leather, teak, stainless steel, rubber or plastic. But here are some factors which can help in differentiating furniture stores and making a choice between them.
- Accessibility: The furniture store should be in such a location that it can be easily accessed. A buyer should choose a store which is near one’s residence in order to save the cost and time involved with the transportation of furniture. It can also affect the ease of maintenance while considering long time needs.
- Quality: The furniture sold by the store should be of good quality. It should be made with excellent kind of material and must also be structured well to ensure safety and durability. Make sure that the furniture is assembled by experienced and skilled experts and has a quality seal marked on it. It should also come with a warranty in case of any unforeseen flaws.
- Variety: An ideal store must provide a wide range of furniture so that the buyers get variety of options to choose from. This can help to choose according to the requirements and style needs of the families and homes.
- Reputation: The image of the store in the local market should also be considered before buying furniture. One must pay attention to the reviews of previous customers and make a background check about the services provided. A satisfied clientele can be a sign of superior services and quality products.
- Cost: One should always compare the prices of furniture offered by different stores and choose the one that fits the budget. There can be vendors in the market who may lower the prices of a furniture article to attract buyers but one should always check for quality and make sure that the costs are appropriate.
- After sales services: Always inquire about the delivery and assembly services provided along with the furniture. This may help in saving transportation costs and efforts regarding assembly. Also question about the return policy in case there is a problem in the purchased furniture.
These were some of the factors that should always be considered while making the choice of a furniture store. Shortlist the suitable stores according to the above given points before buying furniture.