Space is always a constraint in small bedrooms. After placing the necessary furniture such as a bed, cupboard, dresser etc., it becomes quite difficult to find enough storage space for the daily essentials. However, by using some innovative ideas and making smart choices when buying furniture, you can definitely make the most out of the available space in your bedroom.
Here are some space saving furniture ideas that will help you to keep all your necessary items without making the room look congested.
- Shelves on Free Walls: The free wall of the room can be used for installing built-in shelves. You can keep your books, photo frames and lot of other stuff in these shelves. You can create different sections in the shelves to keep all the items in an organized manner.
- Shelves behind the Bed: Shelves starting from the headboard to the ceiling can be a great way to organize all your valuable items like books and laptop. You can even display a beautiful scenery to accentuate the look of the shelves. The best thing is that these shelves take less space to accommodate a plethora of items.
- Beds with Storage: When buying a bed, make sure you go for the one that has storage space underneath. These can store large items and do not take any extra space in your room. The storage space can be used to keep quilts, clothes and other items that are not used in routine.
- Installing New Floor: To take the full advantage of the high ceiling and to increase the sleeping space, you can make a sleeping platform at the corner. Install a ladder to climb up to bed. Make sure that the ladder and new sleeping space is strong enough. The advantage of installing a new floor for sleepover is that siblings sharing same room will have their privacy maintained.
- Dressing Table: A dressing table is another beautiful way to store your items. You can buy a wall mounted dressing table to avoid taking up the valuable floor space. If you go for a floor mount dresser, make sure you choose the one that comes with many drawers and shelves to keep your cosmetics, keys, documents and other important stuff.
For efficiently utilizing the space in your bedroom, you need to be more creative. Ottomans, benches and other seating furniture can also be used to add to the seating area while getting extra storage space.